Challenging and exciting opportunity with a major pneumatic and hydraulic valve manufacturer based in NJ as an inside technical sales person. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to support and grow sales. Prime responsibilities include providing application engineering support to our end users, OEM’s and our distributors. Provide technical and commercial support through distributor and customer education and training. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in industrial sales and a college degree required. A strong technical aptitude is desired, along with strong interpersonal skills. Second language a plus. Position requires limited travel approximately 4 to 5 weeks per year. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including 401K and tuition reimbursement.
- Attain a technical level of product knowledge, to support Versa distributors and customers.
- Maintain a technical level of support to assist /train other commercial inside sales personnel, as well as educate the factory workers when called on to do so.
- Once educated in Versa Products, have the ability to support the regional sales managers in the field.
- Thorough understanding of all the sales systems and policies. This includes order entry, RMA processing, customer complaint process, Z100 account quoting capability.
- Develop a good understanding of the production control department’s functions and capabilities.
- Develop a strong understanding of our competition, and have the ability to cross customers over to the appropriate Versa valve.
- Interface successfully with other departments and personnel.
- Limited travel to Versa distributors and customers to educate sell and present various products and policies. Approximately 4-5 weeks per year. This could include some international travel.
- Thorough understanding of the daily in/out report. Have the ability to assist the inside sales manager by representing him in the PIT meeting. Develop a good understanding of the EOM process by negotiating with distributors on releasing orders.
Performance will be considered satisfactory when:
- Objectives mutually agreed upon are substantially met.
- 3. Technical knowledge, skills, experience and special background required to perform necessary duties
- Mechanical aptitude within the parameters established by Versa.
- Understanding of industrial distribution
- Sales training
- College degree, experience, and good recommendations.
- Basic understanding of company policy.
- Demonstrated skills in working with a diverse group of people
Please submit your resume to: